Spectre IT (Malta) would like to invite applications for the role of System Administrator.
We are looking for a team player who wants to be part of a technology driven team. If you’re used to showing technical leadership in a collaborative environment and you like to experiment with and implement new tools and technologies, this could be the job for you.
The organization is currently investing in its IT team, meaning the business is growing and creating fantastic new opportunities.
Opportunity to become the company’s new System Administrator. In this role, you will join the established IT & Development Infrastructure team and will be based in a relaxed, comfortable office that is centrally located in Malta. As part of that team, you will play a key role in making sure that all the company’s servers are operative, well-maintained, up to date and secure.
You will have the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing.
- Good communication skills.
- Work as part of a distributed support in multiple geographies.
- Reliability and attention to detail.
- Network maintenance and troubleshooting issues.
- Configuration, build & installation of workstations, laptops & server infrastructure.
- IT end user support, covering hardware and software for laptops, desktops & Office 365 deployments.
- Administration and support of Hyper-V, Window Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS & DHCP.
- Assist the IT Manager with any technical task.
- Work with 3rd party vendors.
- Take charge on assigned IT projects reporting in directly to the IT Manager.
- Management of backups, disaster recovery and security. Also, you will need experience in disaster recovery planning and testing, virtualisation, networking with previous project management experience a bonus.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with cloud and virtualisation.
- Experience of Linux and Windows.
- Strong experience in Windows and Linux server administration skills.
- Experience with Windows server protocols such as DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- A professional IT Certification such as the MCSA / CCNA is an advantage.
- Experienced networking skills (firewalls, routing and switching).
- Some knowledge of SQL Server/MySQL/MongoDB would be beneficial.
- IT security knowledge would be beneficial.
- Experience working against PCI-DSS requirement would be beneficial.
- Any payments industry experience would be beneficial.
Check out our employee benefits here.